Thursday, March 24, 2011

Raw Honey Face Mask

Photo Courtesy of www.benefits-of-honey.com

I don't know about you, but winter hasn't done my skin any favors.  Just when you think you are recovering from the icy wind, the crazy temperature changes kick in.  Booooo.  If you are looking for an in expensive yet effective remedy for unhappy skin, try a raw honey face mask!  Honey has natural anti-bacterial properties as well as being a great moisturizer.  Raw honey has not been heated or filtered so the vitamins and antioxidants present in nature are preserved.  You may find bits of honeycomb, wax, etc. that form a cap over the honey.  Unlike "regular" honey, raw honey has a thick, spreadable consistency.   You can find raw honey in a natural foods store or in some regular grocery stores in the honey section.  Making this mask is super simple, all you need is a jar of raw honey.  I personally used Really Raw Honey, but I am sure any other brand would be fine.

Warning-If you are allergic to bees, honey, or anything close, don't use this mask.

Directions:

1-Pull your hair back.  If you have very short hair, I would recommend using a headband to get it away from your face.

2-Scoop out a generous teaspoon of raw honey and spread it onto your face, avoiding the eye area.  I even put it on my lips.

3-Let the mask sit for at least 15 minutes. I usually leave it on for 30+ minutes.  Whenever I use a mask of any kind, my nose seems to itch, so if you can tolerate having goo on your face for an hour, more power to you.

4-Rinse off with lukewarm water, using a washcloth to assist if necessary.

5-Admire your soft, glowy skin.

4 comments:

Monarchland said...

My mom swears and she has beautiful skin. Guess there is something to this. I am typing this with a honey mask on now.

Claire said...

That is great. Hope you have awesome results as well!

Gee Calderon said...

Good thing we have a bottle of the good ol' honey at home. Just a reminder though, always make sure you are using pure and all natural honey to get that much needed effect. ^_^

Gee Calderon said...

I'm pretty sure it turned out well. I'm a big fan of Honey facial masks. For skin hydration you might also want to try adding two spoons of milk with two teaspoons of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Wait for ten minutes than remove the honey on your face with lukewarm water.:)