Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Must Break You

  
  Since I have yet to prattle on about something I thought I would take this opportunity to do so.  Given the snowy situation outside, Hubs and I decided to watch a movie.  Given that it is the 25th Anniversary of Rocky IV, it was the obvious choice.  I have a confession to make, and that is that I love sports movies.  This may seem strange, given that I do not love sports.  I have no natural athletic skills and have virtually no interest in sports of any kind save figure skating, roller derby and possibly Rugby.  However, I adore films about sports.  An interesting dichotomy, really.  Cinderella Man, The Natural, The Greatest Game Ever Played and The Blind Side being among my favorites. 
   Rocky IV is my favorite of the 6 films and since I make recomendations on everything else, I am going to recomend that you watch it.  Watch it because it is a classic.  Watch it to remember Brigitte Nielsen as she once was.  Watch it for "I must break you."  Watch it for the gloriously 80's mix of Survivor's Burning Heart and synth music that is sadly lacking in films today.  Watch it because you cannot see it and not have the desire to punch something.  And that is a good thing.

 

No comments: