Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Miss Purple Crayon or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Live Without Missoni.


When I was a kid (think preschoolish) I really liked purple.  I mean really really.  Hey, I still like purple.  Whenever there was an opportunity to color, I was always first in line for the purple crayon.  Some times the other girls didn’t like this, but hey-they should have grabbed it first.  It’s not like I wouldn’t let them use it eventually, they just had to wait.  Then, one day, someone beat me to it.  And you know what?  I survived.  I learned a little patience and I also learned that purple is not the only color in the crayon box. 
   You have most likely heard of the cyclone that recently hit Target stores taking the form of the Missoni for Target collection.  It immobilized Target.com for an entire day and made normally composed women come dangerously close to fisty-cuffs over the coveted Italian designs.  In some stores the collection sold out within an hour.  Some took the morning off of work to get in on the deal, some went and snapped up as much as they could as soon as they were able, some went and found empty shelves.  As with any high demand item, large amounts of the collection have ended up on e-bay.  Some of this is by design, some by chance, as it is easy to just grab what you can when things are flying off the shelves.  This often leads to buyers remorse.  While normally you'd just return things to the store, why do that when you can make a 300% profit?  Now this seems logical to me, but many people are up in arms about not being able to get the items they wanted.  Since Target will not be restocking the collection, many will simply not get what they were hoping for.  Rather than acting like adults, they are throwing around harsh accusations against those who choose to resell their purchases.  Now last time I checked, a Zig-Zag print dress is not essential to life....and if you think it is, well, that's a whole post in itself.  To these people I say this-go back to preschool.  There are other colors in the crayon box and you've got a lot to learn.

No comments: