Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kitchen Tip - Clean Your Sponges!

                      Hello Kitty Die-Cut Sponge

So I think we all know kitchen sponges are a little sketchy.  They're pretty much a magnet for germs, grime and all around grossness.  If they are as cute as this one you don't want to simply toss them unless they are worn out, so here is a super easy solution-pop them in the microwave!  Make sure your sponge is good and wet, then let it go for about 2 minutes.  The heat from the steam will kill the bacteria.  If it's dry it could burn, so be sure it's wet-it may foam a bit, but that's not a problem.  Super easy, super clean!


No comments: