Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oil Cleansing

After a particularly unpleasant few weeks where my face decided to rebel, I thought I'd do some research and see what I could find that may help to calm my skin down.  Enter Crunchy Betty and her awesome site with all sort of awesome recipes for natural health and beauty products.  I had picked up some jojoba oil last time I was at Trader Joe's but I wasn't really sure the best way to use it.  She gives a bunch of different suggestions as to the best oils and amounts for your skin type.  I found the best combination for me was 2/3 castor oil and 1/3 jojoba oil.  I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil.  It's super easy, just combine the oils in your palm and massage onto your face for a couple minutes.  After that, wet a washcloth with hot water, cover your face let it steam for a bit, then wipe off your face.  Repeat as necessary until all the oil is gone.  I usually dab on a couple drops of jojoba oil after I'm done.  It took a few days for my skin to get used to, but over all it's worked wonders for my face.

No comments: