Sunday, June 5, 2011

Olay Pro-x Cleansing System Review

   Ok, if you've watched TV or read magazines in the past year, you've probably seen these.  Basically, it's a knock off of the Clarisonic.  However, in spite of its knockoff-ness, I have heard really good things about it and when you compare $30 to $199, it is worth a shot.  I checked the box, and if I don't like it I have 60 days to say so.  Fair enough.  So, over the next couple months I am going to use this happy little gadget and let you know if it is everything it claims to be.
   Just a little about me and my face...I have super fair combination skin that alternates between being cooperative and rebelling for no apparent reason.  For make up, I use BareMinerals foundation and their Warmth bronzer.  Gentle Facial Cleanser from Trader Joe's Spa is my cleanser of choice, moisturizer is Derma E's Tea Tree & E moisturizer.  I also use RoC serum.
   Upon opening the box, my thoughts were mixed, but positive. I liked that they included a sample of their cleanser and 2 batteries.  I will say it was a bit smaller than I had expected, but that's no big deal.  It is fairly quiet and has a nice texture-soft but still sturdy.  After buzzing around on my face for a minute or two I can say it is fairly quiet and left my skin feeling smoother.  I will continue using it on a daily basis and update you next week!
   For the purpose of this test, I am not using the Olay cleanser included.   Rather, I will be using my normal facial cleanser.  I am testing the device itself, not the Olay cleanser, I'll leave that for a later date.
Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing SystemOlay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

EGVDCSHWWB79

2 comments:

Julie Elick (President) said...

I have one of these (another model) and really like it...healthy clean skin is important...fights against wrinkles! Moisturizing should be your last step in this process.

-Claire said...

Hi Julie! I'm definitely all for fighting against wrinkles! Yup yup, I have been moisturizing afterwards, I'm excited to see how it works going forward.