Sunday, June 5, 2011

Olay Pro-x Cleansing System Review

   Ok, if you've watched TV or read magazines in the past year, you've probably seen these.  Basically, it's a knock off of the Clarisonic.  However, in spite of its knockoff-ness, I have heard really good things about it and when you compare $30 to $199, it is worth a shot.  I checked the box, and if I don't like it I have 60 days to say so.  Fair enough.  So, over the next couple months I am going to use this happy little gadget and let you know if it is everything it claims to be.
   Just a little about me and my face...I have super fair combination skin that alternates between being cooperative and rebelling for no apparent reason.  For make up, I use BareMinerals foundation and their Warmth bronzer.  Gentle Facial Cleanser from Trader Joe's Spa is my cleanser of choice, moisturizer is Derma E's Tea Tree & E moisturizer.  I also use RoC serum.
   Upon opening the box, my thoughts were mixed, but positive. I liked that they included a sample of their cleanser and 2 batteries.  I will say it was a bit smaller than I had expected, but that's no big deal.  It is fairly quiet and has a nice texture-soft but still sturdy.  After buzzing around on my face for a minute or two I can say it is fairly quiet and left my skin feeling smoother.  I will continue using it on a daily basis and update you next week!
   For the purpose of this test, I am not using the Olay cleanser included.   Rather, I will be using my normal facial cleanser.  I am testing the device itself, not the Olay cleanser, I'll leave that for a later date.
Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing SystemOlay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

EGVDCSHWWB79

2 comments:

Julie Elick (President) said...

I have one of these (another model) and really like it...healthy clean skin is important...fights against wrinkles! Moisturizing should be your last step in this process.

Claire said...

Hi Julie! I'm definitely all for fighting against wrinkles! Yup yup, I have been moisturizing afterwards, I'm excited to see how it works going forward.