Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Green Tea Lemonade

I love iced tea, especially in the summer.  I also love citrus.  One of my favorite summertime drinks at Starbucks is their Zen tea lemonade.  I could seriously drink that stuff all day.  Given how much I enjoy it, I thought I'd give it a go and make my own.  It's super easy and super refreshing.

-6 Cups Water
-9 Tea Bags (I used green, but feel free to use whatever you like)
-Lemonade Concentrate
-Pitcher

1.  Brew your tea according to package directions.
2.  Let tea cool and add to the pitcher.
3.  Add half a can of lemonade concentrate to tea.
4.  Mix.
5.  Fill up your glass with ice, then fill with tea mix.

This is strong.  If I'm using an insulated cup, I usually use it as a concentrate and use 1 part tea mix and 1 part water.  This isn't really a recipe, it's more of a suggestion-feel free to tweak it to your own taste.
A couple notes about green tea-don't use boiling water and don't steep longer than the package states (usually no more than 2 mins).  I usually wait about a minute past the water has stopped boiling, making sure the tea bags are taken out promptly.  These things should keep your tea from getting the bitter taste.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I dig any kind of iced tea... so is kind of a Green Tea Arnold Palmer? Sounds tasty!

Claire said...

Yup exactly! I love regular Arnold Palmer's too.