Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Verne. Jules Verne.

So a few weeks back Hubs and I went to see TRON: Legacy...it was awesome, BTW, don't let the critics reviews fool you.  It is worth seeing for the soundtrack alone, but I digress...In the film, Olivia Wilde's character Quorra is talking to Kevin Flynn's son Sam...they are looking at some very old books and she says "Flynn is teaching me about the art of the selfless. About removing oneself from the equation. But between you and me, Jules Verne is my favorite."  Absolutely my favorite quote from the movie, probably because Jules Verne has always been my favorite too.  Evidently someone at Google feels the same way, because the Doodle du Jour is in honor of Verne's 183rd birthday.  In my opinion, it's one of the best Doodle's ever.  It's interactive, so be sure to use the little lever at the side to see more underwater awesomeness, including the beloved narwhals!

No comments: