Monday, September 19, 2011

Moss Letter DIY

I have been really into moss lately...I am not sure why, perhaps it is me rebelling against the untimely demise of the terrarium I tried making, but regardless, I think moss is a lovely way to bring a bit of nature into your home in unexpected ways.

DIY Moss Letters:

1 letter form (wood, pressed paper, etc. Mine is from Hobby Lobby)
1 bag of moss (I found mine at the Dollar Tree)
Hot glue gun
A covered work space

1.  Seriously, make sure you cover your workspace-this is messy.
2.  Hot glue small pieces of moss to the top of your letter.
3.  Continue adding pieces until the entire top is covered.  Then turn the letter on its side and add moss to all sides of your letter. 

4. Admire your awesome moss letter and smile because you made it!



If you are anything like me, I recommend using a low heat hot glue gun as it is super easy to stick your finger into a wad of hot glue/moss.  Having done this multiple times, I can say I am very glad I used a low heat.  No burns, yay!






Keeping It Simple
homework

No comments: